Independent Sales Rep
Required Job Experience:
Minimum of 2 years of business-to-business sales experience.
Extensive business development capabilities. Must be a closer. Must be organized with the ability to provide excellent follow-up. Must have the ability to provide attention to detail, be efficient, goal oriented, capable of multi-tasking, consistent, and a team player. Self-Confidence and a Motivation for Sales a must.
High School Diploma, College degree preferred, but extensive experience with a proven track record is acceptable.
- Builds up new account base by planning and organizing a daily work schedule to call on potential sales leads, also servicing any existing accounts in their territory.
- Targets accounts that are a good fit for our business model.
- Follows up on submitted quotes in a timely fashion – gets necessary feedback in order to close the sale.
- Adjusts content of sales emails/presentations etc. by studying the needs that a particular client may have.
- Keeps management updated by submitting weekly activities: Call log reports, weekly scheduled visits, etc.
- Identifies "add-on" sales opportunities as they relate to any projects.
- Resolves and/or escalates issues in a timely fashion.
- Understands how to communicate difficult/sensitive information tactfully.
- Technical Understanding
- Possesses general understanding in the areas of applications of printed circuit board and printed circuit board assembly.
- Possesses a thorough understanding of our capabilities.
- Maintains awareness of new and emerging technologies.
- Maintains an open line of communication with all customers regardless of order status.
- Follows up with clients, when necessary, regarding unpaid invoices.
- Follows up on any client complaints by investigating the problem and reporting information back to home office. Inform management of any client recommendations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies. Provide historical data by maintaining records on territory and customer sales.